Monday 27 May 2013

MBA journey !

Last year about this same time i made up my mind to get inside an MBA college by 2013. First i gave my GMAT got a decent score of 730, applied to ISB got, got the interview call but then couldnt clear the interview.
Then in the mean time i also gave CAT, got 98.28 percentile and converted IIT Delhi DMS, IIM Ranchi, IIM Raipur etc. Now i have paid the first installment of fees for IIT Delhi and for IIM Ranchi, Joining date for Ranchi is 13 June and for IIT Delhi is 20th July and i still don't know if i am going to join any of them or not an if i am going to join then which one !

I am confused weather it makes sense to go for a two year  program with 4 years Workex. I dont want to change my sector, i want to work in Oil gas and energy sector in the management domain. I wanted to do an MBA to make this jump from Engineering to Management. Not sure if a two year program is right for this or not.



If i don't do it now then the only option i have is to apply  next year for a one year Mba Program.

2 comments:

  1. this is a common confusion, I believe. to do or not to do MBA. depends on how bad you need it. in my opinion, after a work-ex of 4 years, you can always go for a 1-year program. plan it out now, or you'll lose on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can check the options with your co managers/hr folks. Perhaps they have an option for you to study and return or do a 1 year exec mba?

    ReplyDelete